Front End Engineering Design
is the inception stage of any project. Entrepreneurs have an idea of a product, its manufacturing process, and viable production capacity. This needs assistance developing fundamental layouts and budget forecasting. We consider this information as a base and derive. FEED covers :
- Process design basis,
- Fundamental PID’s & Conceptual layout and material flow and logistics within premise
- Broad specification of equipments, Selection of material,
- Sizing and selection of piping scheme and distribution concept
- Establishing level of instrumentation based on process integrity and process philosophy & safety measures
- Fore casting of utility and Establishing maximum and minimum power demand
- The whole exercise actually generates a face of a project and gives a birth shape. Every project head is divided and exercised in listed manner.
- Buildings – name, number, story, area, construction type, priority
- Equipments- tag, name, type, size, service, design data, moc, supports, agitation, heat transfer arrangement and special features
- Power consumers- motor tag w.r.to equipment, capacity, speed, phase, HP/KW, operation, service etc.
- Utilities – tag, name, size, installations, accessories, location,
- Pipes and piping accessories – line list per PID, accessories like valves, traps, instruments etc.
- Instruments and accessories – Instrument list, function, range, broad specification,
- Power Panels and cables – list and tags of panels, loads, distribution, SLD, size.
- Valves, pumps and other specific equipments
- Material handling system & Miscellaneous items